Vampire Guardian of the Holy Grail
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d12, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12+2
Skills: Fighting d10, Investigation d8, Knowledge(Religon) d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d12, Shooting d8, Throwing d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 11
Edges: Champion, Command, Improved Counterattack, Dodge, Inspire, Level Headed, Jack of All Trades, Quick, Noble.
• Change Form: As an action, a vampire can change into a wolf or
bat with a Smarts roll at –2. Changing back into humanoid form requires a
• Charm: Vampires can use the puppet power on the opposite sex
using their Smarts as their arcane skill. They can cast and maintain the
power indefinitely, but may only affect one target at a time.
• Children of the Night: Gerard has the ability to summon and control
wolves. This requires an action and a Smarts roll at –2. If successful, 1d6
wolves come from the surrounding wilds in 1d6+2 rounds.
• Fangs: Str +d4.
• Flight: Flying Pace of 8".
• Improved Frenzy: Vampires may make two attacks per round without penalty.
• Infravision: Halves penalties for poor light vs.warm targets.
• Invulnerability: Vampires can only be harmed by their Weaknesses. They may be Shaken by other attacks, but never wounded.
• Sire: Anyone slain by a vampire rises as a vampire themselves in 1d4 days if they make a successful vigor check.
• Undead: +2 Toughness; +2 to recover from being Shaken; called
shots do no extra damage (except to the heart—see below). No wound
• Weakness (Garlic): Vampires suffer a –2 penalty to attacks against anyone who carries garlic.
• Weakness (Sunlight): Vampires catch fire if any part of their
skin is exposed to direct sunlight. After that they suffer 2d10 damage
per round until they are dust. Armor does not protect.
• Weakness (Holy Symbol): A character may keep a vampire at bay
by displaying a holy symbol. A vampire who wants to directly attack the
victim must beat her in an opposed test of Spirit.
• Weakness (Holy Water): A vampire sprinkled with holy water is Fatigued. If immersed, he combusts as if it were direct sunlight (see above).
• Weakness (Invitation Only): Vampires cannot enter a private dwelling without being invited. They may enter public domains as they please.
• Weakness (Stake Through the Heart): A vampire hit with a called
shot to the heart (–4) must make a Vigor roll versus the damage total.
If successful, it takes damage normally. If it fails, it disintegrates to dust.
• Weather Control: Gerard can control the weather. With a successful
Smarts roll, he summons a terrible storm, typified by dark skies and lashing rain. The downpour reduces visibility (treat as Dark for lighting penalties), extinguishes most normal fires within 1d10 rounds, and only volatile materials have a random chance of igniting from fire-based attacks.
Storm conditions inflict a –1 penalty to most actions due to slipping, difficulty hearing, strong winds, and so on. Gerard mostly uses this to arrange for dramatic crashes of thunder to emphasise important points of conversation and to keep his lawn watered.
Gear: Longsword (Str+d8), Holy Grail (A Vampire who regularly drinks from the Holy Grail is Immune to Sunlight, Holy Symbols and Holy Water, but loses their Invulnerability. The Holy Grail has Arcane Background(Super) and Greater healing d12.)
"No, I do not want a copy of the Watchtower."